Cloud | February 14, 2019
The only way is up – NBN and moving your business phones to the cloud
Love it or hate it, the NBN is coming to the Gold Coast and it’s time to start thinking about the impact it will have on the different areas of your business.
As part of the NBN rollout your old ADSL phone lines will be disconnected and this is sure to have an impact on your current phone system.
While this might seem like a bad thing, we look at it as a great opportunity to improve your current Internet connection and communication systems. Who knows, you might even save some money making a switch!
When the NBN rolls out your telephone lines will be upgraded and the major decision you’ll need to make is whether fibre or NBN is the best option for your business. Luckily we’re here to help you make this decision.
Do you opt for the good ol’ box on the wall phone system in your office, or switch to the latest cloud telephone system?
We think cloud is better.
Instead of breaking the bank with an on premises phone system, you can send it up to the cloud at a fraction of the cost. But that’s not all.
- Your team can make and receive calls from anywhere and on any device
- Cloud phone systems are useful if you need to connect multiple sites or remote workers
- With cloud phone systems you’ll receive unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles reducing any ongoing call costs
- Cloud phone systems are great for meeting remote clients or staff. They allow for voice, video and web conferencing
- If you hate those long-term contracts, you’re in luck! There are no lock-in contracts with cloud phone systems
If you’re still weighing up your options and would like some more information, visit our cloud phone system page, chat or call us 0756767240